Friday, July 2, 2010

The last couple of weeks have been filled to the brim. I have not been bored. I have been tired and happy and scared and then tired again. Right now Olivia is in the bathroom playing in the sink and making a mess I am sure and I am letting her because Coen is napping and because she sounds super happy and because I want a little moment to myself. We were all super sick a week and a half ago. I have never ever been that sick and Olivia scared the bajeebers out of me. We were both in the ER. It was awful, but I am so greatful for having an amazing ER here in PC and not having to drive down to SLC. The staff was so wonderful. I should send them flowers for how great they were. My faith in healthcare has been restored.

Liv was at her worse Thursday night and I had been planning a girls weekend at a condo up here. I thought I might have to cancel the weekend that had been in the planning for months. But Matt would hear non of that. He stayed with my babies and let me play with the girls. It was a wonderful, much needed weekend and after I felt rejouvinated even though I got less sleep than when I had my babies. Girl time is good for the soul.
Matt and I have made a goal this year to really discover our surroundings. We finally took the kids up to The Canyons resort. We took the Gondola up and had lunch in the mountains and spent a couple hours hiking around. We saw a marmot and Olivia was fascinated with all the bugs and butterflies she got to see. It really is beautiful up here this time of year.



6 comments:

Cherie said...

You are just cute as can be Deb! I'm sorry you were so sick and had to watch your sweet little girl go through that too.

Heather said...

there is a nasty sick bug that is getting around - glad everyone was okay. pc is so beautiful - you are so lucky to live up there :) btw I need to see you!

Olivia said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and when I get back I want to discover our surroundings with you and I can't wait to start knitting!!

brooke said...

hang on here...the girl next to you in the group picture up there...is that stacy sheffield? she was my roommate at ricks in 2000.

JR said...

Deb, you look amazing! Miss you!

sara2delta said...

yay for yours and liv's hats! love you and cant wait to see you again SOON (right???)!